Kerala Parippu Curry Recipe
Kerala style naadan parippu curry (Kerala style Dal Curry)
Ingredients for Kerala Parippu Curry
- Red Gram (Thuvara Parippu) – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut- 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic pods – 2 numbers
- Small Onions – 5 numbers
- Coconut Oil – 1 table spoon
- Salt – as reqd
- Water – as reqd
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ghee – as reqd
How to Prepare Kerala Parippu Curry
- Lightly fry the Red gram in a pan.
- Cook Red gram in sufficient water with salt.
- Grind coconut with cumin seeds,red chilli powder, turmeric powder,garlic pods and small onions into a fine paste.
- Add this paste into the cooked Red gram and boil.
- Take off the flame and add coconut oil, ghee and curry leaves.